What is late registration?
- This is when students attempt to add, drop, and change course sections. Courses may not be full and instructors may be able to accept more students.
- Late registration takes place during the first two weeks of each semester. During the first week of Late Registration you may either add your name to the wait-list or register into the course if seats are available. You are expected to attend the class. For the second week of Late Registration you must add your name to the wait-list if you are interested in registering for the course and attend the class. The instructor will send you an offer if you are accepted into the course.
- Late registration must be done via the Apply page, during weeks 1 and 2.
- To ADD a course or CHANGE SECTIONS:
- If you have never applied or attended the College then students must first submit to Enrolment Services, a completed "Application for Admission or Re-Admission" as well as proof of General College entrance requirements, along with an official highschool transcript with proof of English 12 with a minimum grade of "C", or an official document with proof of an equivalent.
- Once admittance to Douglas College has been granted, all course adds must be completed via the Application and Registration Services page, online.
- Fees must be paid by the last fee payment deadline as advertised on the Dates & Deadlines page in order to avoid paying any late fees.
- All DROPS are done online via the registration system during the Late Registration period. Please note the refund policy during this time in the following area of the Registration guide.
All course adds, drops or changes must be completed by the end of the second week of the semester or earlier if the course is less than 15 weeks in length.
Some suggestions for late registration:
- If the course is full and there is room on the waitlist then put yourself on the waitlist and attend the class as the instructor may add you to the class.
- For courses that begin in mid-semester, students can register on-line once the registration system reopens after the two week Late Registration period.
Late registration - September 7 - 20th, 2021
Use the Registration System to add and drop courses without penalty as long as the total number of credits you are registered in remains the same or increases. When more credits are dropped than added, these credits will be refunded at a rate of 50% per credit.
If you drop any courses after the semester begins and you have not made any payments toward your account, you may still owe Douglas College tuition and/or fees. The amount owed will be determined by the date and number of credits dropped.
If all fees are not paid in full by September 21st, 2021, you will be charged a late payment penalty of $25 per registered course and a Registration & Activity Hold will also be applied to your account. A late payment penalty of $100 will be applied monthly to those accounts that are still outstanding.
After late registration - September 21st to November 8, 2021
You can continue to drop courses during this period after late registration. A "W" grade will be recorded on your transcript. There is no refund for courses dropped during this time. All of these transactions must be completed using the Registration System. You do not need to obtain a signature from your instructor or from any other person within the College.
NOTE: The time lines noted above are applicable for courses of 14 weeks in duration. Shorter courses have pro-rated deadlines. Check with Enrolment Services for deadlines if your course is shorter than 14 weeks.
|If you want to:||September 7 - 20, 2021||September 21 - November 8, 2021|
|Add courses||Use the Add/Drop page on the Registration System.||n/a|
|Drop courses||Use the Add/Drop page on the Registration System.||Use the Add/Drop page on the Registration System.|
|No "W" will appear on your transcript.||A "W" will appear on your transcript.|
|Switch sections||Use the Add/Drop page on the Registration System.||n/a|
Late registration and fee payment responsibility
Tuition fees for newly added courses are due immediately.
If all fees are not paid in full by September 21st, 2021 you will be charged a late payment penalty of $25 per registered course and a Registration & Activity Hold will also be applied to your account.
Appeals, requests for exceptions, and formal complaints
The College provides two formal procedures for students to seek resolutions of disagreements: appeals and complaints. They differ in purpose and process, but in both cases, students are encouraged to try to resolve their concerns informally. It is also advisable that students consult with a College counsellor for assistance and guidance.
Important: Students must present a written request for exception or appeal to the Registrar within the four (4) month period following receipt of the original decision which they are appealing. Failure to comply with this deadline will result in the appeal being denied. Students can request an extension of this deadline in extraordinary circumstances.
Please refer to the official College Calendar for more detailed information concerning appeals, requests for exceptions, and formal complaints.