Worksite learning, also known as a practicum, is a key component of the Classroom and Community Support program.
Each practicum lets you gain experience by applying classroom learning in the field and gain valuable employment contacts. You can expect to complete over 250 hours of field practice in placements arranged around Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley.
Where do I take my practicum?
Practicum sites are located across the Lower Mainland. Placements are selected by faculty, based on your interests and learning needs and site availability. Examples of practicum sites for the Classroom and Community Support program:
- Public and private school districts across the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley;
- Community Living agencies;
- Supported Employment agencies;
- Before and After School Care agencies;
- Family Respite Programs;
- Post secondary Institutions;
- Early Intervention programs.
How long is each session?
You complete at least two field placements:
- The first 5-week practicum takes place at the beginning of the second semester;
- The second 5-week practicum is held at the end of the third semester.