The Douglas College Award for Educational Excellence recognizes the best Douglas College has to offer the world – an individual who strives for excellence in learning and is passionate about the community.
Nominations for this award are submitted annually by individual faculty members to the Douglas College Education Council Selection Committee for review. The chosen recipient will receive a cash award, valued at $500, and enjoy a private lunch with the College President in recognition of their accomplishments.
Eligible Nominees must
- Evidence that the nominee maintains excellent academic standing, with a min GPA of 2.67 or higher
- Must have completed at least nine (9) Douglas College academic credits of letter-graded credit courses in Fall 2020
- Be enrolled in a minimum of nine (9) credits in any program within any Faculty during the Winter 2021 semester
- Students are eligible to receive this award once during their academic career at Douglas College
Nomination Package must include
- A Nomination Form completed by the original Faculty nominator and signed by the nominator and the nominee.
- Two additional letters of recommendation obtained by the student, from either a Douglas College faculty or staff member other than the original nominator. One of these letters could also be submitted by an individual member of the students’ external community.
- At least one letter of recommendation obtained by the student from a Volunteer Supervisor.
- A Volunteer Activity Record form.
- A current resume.
Nominate a student
Please consider nominating a student by completing the Douglas College Faculty Nomination Form (fillable):
Nomination Package Student Forms
Click right to save PDF to your computer, open with Adobe and fill out electronically.
Nomination Package Deadline - February 5, 2021 @4:00 pm
The complete package is assembled by a nominated student and submitted to Bette Cavanagh, Education Council Secretary, Senior Administration (Room S4900L), New West Campus.