Business Development – Connecting Douglas to the Business Community
The Business Development Department encompasses two teams who work to connect the business community to Douglas College, its students and programs.
Our business community-facing team works primarily on outreach to the business community and provides the administrative function to facilitate engagement with the College through Corporate Relations, BD Promotions, and Event Management.
Our student-facing team works with students in the Career Centre to deliver career development curriculum in support of our students' career goals, and to facilitate hiring of Douglas College students for full-time, part-time, internships, and Co-op work opportunities.
Key departmental goals are to:
- Engage business leaders with the College as potential employers, Faculty advisors, mentors or speakers to enhance work-integrated and experiential learning
- Facilitate businesses’ creation of opportunities for Co-op work terms, part-time and full-time job opportunities for students and alumni
- Facilitate the College’s engagement with business on academic and applied research opportunities, guiding potential partners to Faculty expertise and initiating and supporting relationships
- Support keeping our programs and curricula current by forwarding feedback from business on emerging trends and potential gaps in the labour market
Recruiting on campus?
Build your brand on campus and meet our students and grads face-to-face through:
Profile Building & Hiring
- Post a job
- Career Fairs
- On campus recruit
- Host an industry tour at your company
- Volume hiring: information session & custom events
- Co-op jobs
Engaging with Students
- Panel Speaker
- Keynote Speaker
- Classroom speaker
Get started by filling out an Employer Participation Form or contact us:
Catherine Williams Director, Business Development 604 527 5877 email@example.com
Barb Kojder Liaison, Corporate Relations 604 527 5890 firstname.lastname@example.org