Business Development – Connecting Douglas to
the Business Community
The Business Development Department encompasses two teams who work to connect the business community to Douglas College, its students and programs.
Our Business Development team is community-facing and works primarily to connect the business community to the College, its students and programs for employment or Co-operative Education opportunities.
Our Career Centre team is student-facing and delivers career development curriculum in support of our students' career goals, and to prepare Douglas College students and alumni for full-time, part-time, internships, and Co-op work opportunities.
Key departmental goals are to:
- Engage business leaders with the College as potential employers, Faculty Advisors, mentors or speakers to enhance work-integrated and experiential learning
- Facilitate businesses’ creation of job opportunities for students and alumni, and Co-op Work Term opportunities for students in Co-op partnered Douglas programs
- Prepare students to be career-ready upon graduation and support them with opportunities for part-time work during their academic careers
- Facilitate the College’s engagement with business on academic and applied research opportunities, guiding potential partners to Faculty expertise and initiating and supporting relationships
- Reporting feedback from business on emerging trends and potential gaps in the labour market to keep our programs and curricula current
Recruiting on campus?
Work with the Business Development team to build your brand on campus and meet our students and grads through virtual activities such as:
Profile Building & Hiring
- Posting a job (create an account at mycareer.douglascollege.ca)
- Participate in virtual Career Fairs
- Virtual on-campus recruiting
- Hosting an industry tour at your company
- Volume hiring: information session & custom virtual events
- Co-op Work Term jobs posting
Engaging with Students
- Panel Speaker
- Keynote Speaker
- Classroom speaker
Get started by filling out an Employer Participation Form or
contact us to discuss your recruiting needs and target student profile:
Director, Business Development
604 368-2344 firstname.lastname@example.org
Manager, Business Development