Faculty, students, and support staff may not hold an elected position on both the College Board and Education Council concurrently.
Each candidate is required to act reasonably, responsibly and in good faith; and shall be required to ensure they are aware of and comply with, all rules, policies and procedures of the College. To ensure fairness, integrity, and professionalism, candidates will conduct themselves in accordance with all relevant College and representative group policies, and shall abide by all election and campaign regulations, rules and/or guidelines established by the Registrar. Once elected to the Education Council, representatives are expected to act in the best interests of the College.
An election is being conducted to fill the following seat on the Education Council:
- One (1) student representative will be elected from the students enrolled at the Coquitlam campus
- A student from the Coquitlam campus is a student who is registered in 50% of their courses offered at the Coquitlam campus
- Term of office commences October, 2021 and ends August 31, 2022
According to the College and Institute Act:
Student is defined as “a person the Registrar recognizes to be enrolled and in good standing in a course or program of studies at the institution”.
- For the purposes of elections, a student is an individual who is enrolled in at least one credit course and in good standing at the institution
September 14, 2021 to September 27, 2021 (4:00 pm)
Voting & Campaign Period
September 29, 2021 to October 5, 2021
Note: Campaigning may not commence until the Registrar has received and approved a nomination form. Candidates will be advised of this when contacted to confirm nomination form.
Inquiries regarding this Education Council by-election should be directed to the Registrar, Rella Ng at email@example.com or to the Office Manager, Christine Carrillo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read the Elections Rules and Procedures
- Complete the nomination form
- Each nominee must be supported by fifteen (15) currently registered credit students:
- nominee must submit fifteen (15) separate forms (one from each student nominator)
- nominators must attend at least 50% of their courses at the campus which the candidates seek to represent
- Election Platform Statement
- Each nominee is required to supply a brief platform statement of no more than 250 words which will be posted on the Education Council Election website
- Completed nomination forms and platform statement must be submitted in ONE email to email@example.com no later than 4:00 PM Monday, September 27, 2021 with subject header marked:
- Education Council Election - Student