To pay your fees with a scholarships, bursaries, or awards, your donor will need to write a letter of authorization and send it to Douglas College at least 10 business days before the fee payment deadline. Douglas College will not process scholarships or awards paid directly to you.
The letter must be submitted on the donor's letterhead and include the following information:
- Student name and ID number
- What costs are being covered (example: tuition and/or books) and for which academic year
- How any unallocated funds at the end of the academic year should be handled
The letter may be submitted either:
- In person at the Douglas College Finance Department, Room 4740, New Westminster Campus
- By email to email@example.com
If the notification of award letter is not received by the fee payment deadline and there are still outstanding tuition fees on your account, you will be de-registered from all courses and removed from all waitlists.
If you change courses or decide not to attend Douglas College, you are subject to the same penalties as other students when dropping courses. Failure to drop courses correctly may result in costs to the student.