If your career goal is to become a certified personal trainer, the Douglas College Sports Institute is the largest provider of British Columbia Recreation and Parks Association (BCRPA) courses and workshops. Register today for the A to Z Become a Personal Trainer program. Our outstanding instructors are at the top of their respective fields (many holding PhDs), including personal training, weight training, group fitness, fitness theory and more. Courses start every two months and the $1,602 program cost includes all taxes, textbooks, Personal Trainer exams, and evaluation fees and is fully tax-deductible.
The Personal Trainer Program is back in person. January 2024 intake registration is now open! Registration deadline is January 8, 2024.
There are three modules in the program:
All three modules are required to be certified as a Personal Trainer with the BC Recreation and Parks Association (BCRPA).
All program/module schedules will be scheduled module by module and finalized as we move forward to allow enough time for students to complete certain BCRPA to be eligible to move forward. Students are still required to complete certain requirements to be eligible to move forward with their Personal Trainer Program. Students must be available to attend all dates in the schedule (All classes are mandatory with exception).
All Personal Trainer Program modules are now being offered in person. For more information on In-Person course schedules please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Program schedules are subject to change – only Registered Students will be informed by email of any schedule changes.
Full Program Cost
$1,602 (subject to change)
Currently, payments are to be made in 3 installments and are as follows:
- At the time of registration for the Fitness Theory Module: $575
- Prior to starting the Weight Training Module: $484
- Prior to starting the Personal Training Module: $543
Please note: all program/module fees are subject to change.
Student loans are not available for this program as it is not University Transferable.
Future Skills Grant
This program is eligible for the Future Skills Grant of $3,500. To learn more about the grant, please visit our funding options webpage, or contact the CE department at 604 527 5472 or email@example.com.
A full refund less a $15 processing fee per module is available within 72 hours (3 business days) of the program start date. All other refunds are issued in cheque form and will be handled on a pro-rated individual basis after the start date. Textbooks already received are not refundable.
Tax Educational Refund
You will get a tax-deductible educational refund for the cost of the course, as part of tuition through the Douglas College Sports Institute.
- Complete the registration form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org via email. Specify the CRNS of courses you would like to register for in the form. CRNs can be found on the individual course pages. Ensure to enter all the specified CRNs for your chosen courses in the form. Please read the additional instructions on the registration form.
- Once you submit a completed registration form to email@example.com via email, one of our Registration Officers will reply to your email in a timely manner and provide further instructions on payment options. Please note: due to the number of email registrations being processed, there may be a delay in receiving an email from a Registration Officer.
Once Registration is complete, an email with instructions will be sent to you on how to make your payment. Please note: students are required to make their payment within 24 hours to complete their registration once they receive their instructions email from one of our Registration Officers.
Students will only receive a payment confirmation email receipt once payment is received. Registration is not complete until payment is received by Douglas College.
Here's what some of our students have said about our facility and courses.
"Excellent facilities and great courses with Douglas College!"
"Everyone can benefit from their BCRPA courses, not just fitness enthusiasts, but all ages and all fitness levels."
"The Sports Institute motivated me to go further in the industry. They have some excellent instructors and I look forward to taking more courses through the Sports Institute."