Your Canadian healthcare career starts here.
Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants - Health is for newcomers living in any British Columbia community with training and skills as a Nurse (RN/LPN/RPN), Physician (General Practitioner or Specialist), Sonographer or Health Care Assistant (HCA). Working one-to-one with knowledgeable career coaches, you will gain valuable resources needed to assist in launching your career in Canada’s health care system.
The program is free for internationally-trained healthcare professionals who:
- Are committed to pursuing Licensure in the same field as their pre-landing experience
- Have 3 years of international work experience* as a Certified Nurse (RN/LPN/RPN) or Physician (General Practitioner or Specialist) or Sonographer or Health Care Assistant
*Applicants 19 - 30 years of age or under, may apply with 1 year of international work experience in their regulated profession
Note: Newcomers with a background in occupations other than the ones listed above should proceed to Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants – Tri-Cities or Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants – Education & Social Services
RSVP to join us for a virtual information session for IEHPs who want to learn more about starting their Health career in BC!
Care Aide Registration for IEHPs - June 10th - 5-6PM (Register HERE)
Registered Nursing for IENs - July 15th - 5-6PM (Register HERE)
Care Aide Registration for IEHPs - September 16th - 5-6PM (Register HERE)
Care Aide Registration for IEHPs - December 16th - 5-6PM (Register HERE)
To apply you must:
- Meet the following English language requirements:
- Be a Permanent Resident (5 years or less) currently living in British Columbia
- Not received Employment Insurance (EI) within the last 5 years, and not currently receiving BC Employment Assistance (BCEA)
- Be motivated to conduct an active job search for employment in a health related area
- Applicants must have started the process towards upgrading or certification to practice in Canada:
International Medical Graduates - completed their credential source verification with Medical Council of Canada (via physiciansapply.ca) and have written one of the licensing examinations. Internationally Educated Nurses (RN/LPN/RPN) - started the application process with National Nursing Assessment Services (NNAS).
Internationally Trained Sonographers - started the application process with Sonography Canada.
Internationally Trained Health Care Assistants (HCA) – started application process with BC Care Aide and Health Worker Registry or submitted an application to a recognized HCA program in BC.
Note: Nurses and Physicians who wish to pursue Health Care Assistant as their primary goal will be considered for the program. Other applicants who will not pursue directly related licensure in their field and have an alternate career goal within a health related profession may be eligible for Stream 2/3 in their region. If you live in the Tri-Cities area, you could be eligible for a program offered by Douglas College in Coquitlam.