YOUR CANADIAN CAREER STARTS HERE.
Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants - Health is for newcomers living in any British Columbia community with training and skills as a Nurse (RN/LPN/RPN), Physician (General Practitioner or Specialist), Sonographer or Health Care Assistant (HCA). Working one-to-one with knowledgeable career coaches, you will gain valuable resources needed to launch your career in Canada’s health care system.
The program is free for internationally trained healthcare professionals who:
- Are committed to pursuing licensure in the same field as their pre-landing experience
- Have 3 years of international work experience* as a Certified Nurse (RN/LPN/RPN), Physician (General Practitioner or Specialist), Sonographer or Health Care Assistant.
*Applicants aged 30 years old or younger, may apply with 1 year of international work experience in their regulated profession
Note: Newcomers with a background in occupations other than the ones listed above should proceed to Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants – Tri-Cities or Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants – Education & Social Services
To apply you must:
- Meet the following English language requirements:
- Sonographer, Health Care Assistant: Minimum CLB 6+ or equivalent
- Nurses, Physicians: No more than one level below the regulatory requirements
- Be a Permanent Resident (10 years or less) currently living in British Columbia
- Be motivated to conduct an active job search for employment in a health-related area
- Ideally, applicants will have started the process towards upgrading or certification to practice in Canada.
- Be unemployed or not working in your pre-landing profession.
UPCOMING INFO SESSIONS
We offer FREE monthly info sessions for skilled immigrants to learn more about pursuing their health careers in BC. Register on Eventbrite.