YOUR CANADIAN CAREER STARTS HERE.
Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants - Health is for newcomers living in any British Columbia community with training and skills as a Nurse (RN/LPN/RPN), Physician (General Practitioner or Specialist), Sonographer or Health Care Assistant (HCA). Working one-to-one with knowledgeable career coaches, you will gain valuable resources needed to launch your career in Canada’s health care system.
The program is free for internationally trained healthcare professionals who:
- Are committed to pursuing licensure in the same field as their pre-landing experience
- Have 3 years of international work experience* as a Certified Nurse (RN/LPN/RPN), Physician (General Practitioner or Specialist), Sonographer or Health Care Assistant.
*Applicants aged 30 years old or younger, may apply with 1 year of international work experience in their regulated profession
Note: Newcomers with a background in occupations other than the ones listed above should proceed to Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants – Tri-Cities or Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants – Education & Social Services
To apply you must:
- Meet the following English language requirements:
- Be a Permanent Resident (5 years or less) currently living in British Columbia
- Not received Employment Insurance (EI) within the last 5 years, and not currently receiving BC Employment Assistance (BCEA)
- Be motivated to conduct an active job search for employment in a health related area
- Applicants must have started the process towards upgrading or certification to practice in Canada.
UPCOMING INFO SESSIONS
“Join us for an information session to learn about starting your healthcare career in BC!”
Care Aide Registration for IEHPs – September 16th – 5-6 PM
Registered Nursing for IENs – October 14th – 5-6 PM
Care Aide Registration for IEHPs – December 16th – 5-6 PM
Registered Nursing for IENS – January 20th – 5-6 PM
Care Aide Registration for IEHPs – February 17th – 5-6 PM
Registered Nursing for IENs – March 17th – 5-6 PM