Your Canadian career starts here.
Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants – Tri-Cities is for newcomers to Canada who live in the communities of Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Maple Ridge, or Pitt Meadows and who have international credentials, training and skills from outside of Canada. Working one-to-one with knowledgeable career coaches, you will gain valuable resources needed to assist in launching your career in Canada.
The program is free for internationally-trained professionals who meet eligibility requirements.
Note: Newcomers with a background in the healthcare field should proceed to Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants – Health
To apply you must:
- Be a Permanent Resident (5 years or less) living in Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Maple Ridge or Pitt Meadows.
- Intermediate and advanced language skills.
- Be motivated to conduct an active job search for employment in your field.
- Pre-arrival experience.
- Not on Employment Insurance (EI) or BC Employment and Assistance (BCEA)
- Unemployed or underemployed.
*Some occupations are served through other service providers. For a list of service providers visit www.welcomebc.ca