Douglas College Health Care programs use well equipped laboratories to support student learning.
The HSSC is heavily used throughout the year. A variety of health care and community support education programs use the centre. These programs include:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychiatric Nursing (BSPN);
- Classroom and Community Support Worker (CCS);
- Health Care Support Worker (HSCW);
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) ;
- Continuing Education (CE) courses.
It is important for all students and faculty using the centre to take responsibility for submitting detailed equipment requisitions on time and ensuring that instructional/practice/simulation areas are tidied after use.
HSSC goals are to:
- Promote excellence in performance of psychomotor skills in related field of practice.
- Support a variety of teaching methodologies that enhance student learning and success.
- Create a safe student-centered learning environment that provides students opportunities and resources to learn and practice psychomotor skills.
- Ensure resources are current, safe and adequate in number.
- Create a learning environment that fosters development of assessment, communication, psychomotor, critical and creative thinking, inquiry, and problem solving skills in relation to a variety of simulation activities.
- Provide resources that help students attain program competencies and standards.
- Support applied simulation research internal and external to the college.