You can now plan and create up to three draft schedules for the upcoming term and register from them when registration begins.
To create a draft schedule before registration
- Log in to your myAccount
- Click on Register > Registration and Schedule > Create a DRAFT Schedule > Select a term
- Click on Create a New Plan
- Search for the courses you wish to add to your draft schedule by course name, instructor, subject, or course number
- Click View Sections to view specific sections of a course, including the dates, times and instructors.
- Add a class to your draft schedule by clicking Add. You can add notes to certain classes using the notes icon (+)
- If you aren’t ready to add a section of a course but want to add a course to your draft schedule, you can do so by clicking Add Course when you search for courses. However, courses added to a draft plan will not show up on the visual scheduler and you will need to select a specific section at the time of registration. We recommend using View Sections instead of Add Course to build a draft schedule with dates and times, this will help avoid time overlaps.
- Once you are done with your course selection, you must save your plan by clicking Save in the bottom right corner.
Viewing your plan
- You will be able to see your draft schedule in the visual scheduler in the bottom left, and your list of classes on the bottom right.
- As you build your draft schedule, classes that are not saved will display with light grey, lined boxes. Classes that are saved will display as a full block of colour.
Your draft schedule is only a planning tool - it is your responsibility to complete your course registration using the Register for Classes when your registration time ticket opens. You can register from a draft schedule, visit Register for Classes to learn how.
You must check that you have the necessary pre-requisites for courses added to your draft schedule, or that your pre-requisites are already in progress. The minimum grade required to meet your pre-requisite is C- unless stated otherwise on the course page. Pre-requisites are not automatically checked by the system when added to a draft; however, they are checked when attempting to register for a class. If you do not have the necessary pre-requisites when registering, the system will display an error message and prevent registration.
When using the Browse Classes tool, click on the Title of the Course. A pop-up window will open and in the first section called Section Notes & Pre-reqs, there will be a direct link to the website for all the course details including the pre-requisites for the course.
You can also check your pre-requisites in the Program and Course Catalogue.
Here are other tools to help you with planning for your schedule:
- MyPath – See what courses to take to graduate on time.
- B.C. Transfer Guide – See what courses you need to transfer to a research university.
- Student Success Advisor – If you need help in planning your course schedule.