Douglas College has two fitness facilities that both students and employees have access to.
The New Westminster Fitness Centre (N1315)
The Chris Johnson Fitness Centre offers great equipment in a welcoming environment for the novice and most experienced fitness users. Equipped with flat screen TV’s, cardio equipment, and a complete range of free weights, kettle bells, and medicine balls, you can be sure we have the right equipment to compliment any type of workout regime.
Chris Johnson Fitness Centre Hours
Fall 2023 (Sept. 5 - Dec. 15)
|Monday - Thursday||8:00am - 8:00pm|
|Friday||8:00am - 6:00pm|
|Weekends and Statutory Holidays||Closed|
Membership & Drop-in Rates
The Chris Johnson Fitness Centre is free for all Douglas College students and staff. Community and alumni rates are below:
|Drop-in - $5||Drop-in - $3|
|1 month - $42||1 month - $15|
|4 months - $107||4 months - $55|
|1 year - $240||1 year - $150|
- All gym users are required to complete and submit the online Informed Consent Waiver form prior to their first visit.
- All Fitness Centre users must present valid Student or Staff ID at the front counter for each visit upon entering the Fitness Centre.
- Student or Staff ID numbers given verbally will not be accepted to enter and use the Fitness Centre.
- The use of cameras and video enabled devices is strictly prohibited in the changerooms, fitness centre, and movement studio.
- Any inappropriate use of foul, lewd, racist, misogynistic, homophobic, or transphobic language is strictly prohibited.
- Inappropriate touching of others or behaving provocatively is prohibited.
- No food or outside drinks are allowed. Water is permitted in a sealed non-glass container.
- No drinking out of the water fountains. The water fountains are only to be used to your personal water bottle.
- No personal items are allowed to be stored at the front desk. Douglas College and the Chris Johnson Fitness Centre will not be responsible for any lost or damaged personal belongings.
- No bags or other items on the floor. Please store them in the cubbies or in the appropriate change room locker.
- Users are responsible for their own locks when using the change room lockers. Lockers are for day use only. Using lockers for an extended period of time is prohibited. Any lockers identified to being used for an extended period will have their locks cut off and contents held for 15 days before being discarded by fitness centre staff.
Appropriate fitness attire is required during all participation. This includes:
- Shirts: Upper body clothing covering full torso.
- Footwear: non-marking, indoor athletic closed-toe shoes must be worn.
- No jeans, jean shorts, or any clothing with zippers, rivets or metal fasteners are permitted.
- A valid membership, Student ID, or Staff ID card is required to sign out any equipment from the fitness centre front desk. Government issued ID is not accepted.
- Do not drop weights or any fitness equipment on the floor. Instead, use drop mats to mitigate noise from weights being dropped.
- Fitness equipment cannot be removed from the Chris Johnson Fitness Centre and Movement Studio.
- Report any equipment malfunctions to the front desk staff immediately to ensure the safety of all patrons
- Wipe down all equipment after use with the supplied cloths and disinfectant cleaner.
- Please share equipment during busy times for enjoyable experiences for all. At peak times, please limit yourself to 30 minutes per cardio machine.
- Return weights to the racks after use. Do not leave them for a staff member to put away
Coquitlam Campus Pinetree Community Centre
The Coquitlam fitness facilities are located in the Pinetree Community Centre just steps away from the campus. For more information on the facility, please visit their website.
Douglas College employees and students must register for a Pinetree Activity Card at the front desk of the Pinetree Community Centre to access all Douglas College recreational services. Below are the steps to obtain a Pinetree Activity Card:
- Provide Douglas College Student/Employee ID card to confirm identity AND
- Douglas College employee and students will provide proof by logging into their MyAccount.
Please note: Douglas College employees and students will be required to show their Pinetree Activity Card each time entering Pinetree Community Centre for any recreational services.