At Douglas College, we offer many different career programs to help prepare you to enter a new job or upgrade to a higher position in your current field as soon as you graduate.
Career programs can vary from 1-year certificates to 4-year degrees. The majority are 2-year diplomas. Additionally, our Continuing Education department offers short-term career training; however, if you already have your degree, consider taking one of our post-degree diplomas to get a jumpstart on a new career.
If you are interested in completing your post-secondary education at another institution, studying in a University Transfer program also provides analytical and teamwork skills valued by employers.
What kinds of careers can I study at Douglas?
Select from over 40 career specialties in areas such as:
- Child, Family and Community Studies
- Criminology, History and other Associate of Arts degrees
- Nursing and other programs in our Faculty of Health Sciences
- Hospitality Management
- Theatre, Music and other programs in our Faculty of Language, Literature and Performing Arts
- Animal Health Technology, Sport Science and more programs in our Faculty of Science and Technology
Check the full list of programs to see if you find something to match your career goals.
Can I take a career program part-time?
Yes, many Douglas career programs offer part-time options with flexible schedules.