Data Analytics (Post-Degree Diploma)
If you have a background in computer science, boost your employability with a Post-Degree Diploma in Data Analytics. This job-ready credential will get you started on your path to becoming an information systems analyst or manager, database analyst, data administrator and more.
In this intensive, one-year program, you’ll learn the specialized technical skills in data technology and business intelligence strategy you need to launch your career in data analytics.
Graduate job-ready with the Career Boost program
Designed for post-degree students, the Career Boost program prepares you for part-time paid or volunteer positions that complement your studies. You’ll participate in career-building workshops, one-on-one coaching sessions, career fairs, networking with employers, peer-led leadership meetings and more. Once you graduate, you’ll get the continued support, skills and knowledge you need to find a full-time job in your field.
Surveys show that 100 percent of our Data Analytics graduates are working in the field after graduation. (Source: B.C. Student Outcomes).
Applicants must meet the admission requirements listed below:
- General College Admission Requirements
- Applicants must have an undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada or an equivalent credential from an approved institution of a different country. Any applicant who earned their credential in a language other than English must meet the Douglas College English language proficiency requirement.
- Applicants with an undergraduate degree other than Science, Technology, Business, or Math/Statistics will need to show proficiency in Business / Technology field by way of extra course work / work experience and can be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Successful completion of 30 credits
- In good academic standing
- 70% (21 credits) of all coursework must be completed at Douglas College
- Must achieve a program GPA of 2.00 or higher
- Courses used towards a previously received credential can be used to meet program requirements, but additional courses will need to be taken to replace these credits
- Time limit to complete the program graduation requirements: 4 years. Any courses completed outside of that time limit will not be usable. Students may seek the permission of the Department/Program to complete a credential outside the approved time limits.
|Course Number||Course Title||Credits|
|Select one course from the following two options:|
|BUSN 2429||Business Statistics||3.00|
|MATH 1160||Introduction to Statistics||3.00|
|CSIS 1175||Introduction to Programming - I||3.00|
|CSIS 2200||Systems Analysis and Design||3.00|
|CSIS 2300||Database I||3.00|
|CSIS 3290||Fundamentals of Machine Learning in Data Science||3.00|
|CSIS 3300||Database II||3.00|
|CSIS 3360||Fundamentals of Data Analytics||3.00|
|CSIS 3860||Data Visualization||3.00|
|CSIS 4260||Special Topics in Data Analytics||3.00|
|Select one course from the following options:|
|ACCT 3880||Data Analytics for Managers||3.00|
|BUSN 3380||Operations Management||3.00|
|BUSN 3390||Continuous Improvement||3.00|
|BUSN 3431||Business Statistics II||3.00|
|BUSN 3600||Project Management Essentials||3.00|
|CMNS 3502||Social Media & Reputation Management||3.00|
|CSIS 1280||Multimedia Web Development||3.00|
|CSIS 3280*||Backend Web Development||3.00|
|MARK 1120||Introductory Marketing||3.00|
|MARK 4360*||Customer Relationship Management||3.00|
*Any pre-requisites for electives will not be counted towards the PDD.
Program Guidelines for previous years are viewable by selecting the version desired. If you took this program and do not see a listing for the starting semester / year of the program, consider the previous version as the applicable version.
Career opportunities include:
- Information Systems Analyst/Consultant
- Information systems Manager
- Database Analyst
- Data Administrator
- Information Resource Analyst
- Information Systems Analyst
- Technical Assistant