Campus Security Services
To ensure the safety of employees, students and contractors, trained Paladin security officers are on duty at the above noted Douglas College campuses and provide the following services:
- Authorized access to campus facilities
- Monitor and respond to all on-campus fire, intrusion and mechanical alarms
- Investigate complaints, suspicious or disruptive persons, crimes in progress, criminal events
- Monitor Safety and Security Camera Systems on campus
- Lost and Found Click Link
- Parking enforcement
- Special event security coverage when pre-arranged
- Document complaints received by the Campus Community
- Provide Incident Reports to Director, Safety, Security and Risk Management
- Information kiosk
If this is an Emergency, call 911 first, then call Campus Security.
Douglas College offers a SaferWalk program for students and employees to the New Westminster SkyTrain station and the Lafarge Lake-Douglas Station. In addition to the SaferWalk program, security provides escorts to the parkade and surface parking lots at any time during campus hours. To request a SaferWalk, please call campus security, or go to the security kiosk on campus.
Special Event Security Coverage
Requests for security guards for special events, departmental activities, investigation interviews or other special requirements must be pre-arranged through the Manager, Campus Security Operations.