Limited Enrolment programs accept applications until they are filled. Students are encouraged to apply early. In order to be considered for admission, all general and program-specific admission criteria must be complete. Candidates will be selected for admission on a first-qualified, first-admitted basis, except where a program has established an admission process that first ranks each candidate within the pool of qualified candidates, then selects candidates based on their rank order (highest to lowest). Some programs offer early admission - refer to the program description section for details.
(Examples of Limited Enrolment Programs are Nursing, Early Childhood Education, Veterinary Technology etc. which can accommodate only a limited number of students.)
Things to remember when applying for a Limited Enrolment program
- Applicants to these programs must first meet the College's General Admission Requirements unless a higher or lower requirement is specified in the Program Description section of this Catalogue.
- Some limited enrolment programs have special admission requirements that must be successfully met before an applicant is admitted to the College. Information regarding the special requirements is specified in the Program Description section of this Catalogue.
- Applicants who meet both the general and special admission requirements may be ranked within a pool of qualified candidates and selected in descending order. Spaces for these students who are offered a seat are reserved and must be confirmed by payment of a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit at the time of acceptance, usually four to five months prior to the commencement of classes. If a student does not pay the deposit within the specified deadline, the offer of admission will be withdrawn and the space will be offered to another applicant. (Please see Refund Information** concerning refund of deposits.)
- A student who is eligible for admission to a limited enrolment program but is not selected must reapply for subsequent intakes.
- Some, but not all, limited enrolment programs are available to international students. Contact the Douglas College International for current information.
Programs that require English 12 with a grade of B
Some programs have an admission requirement of English 12 with a blended minimum grade of B (final grade made up of school and provincial exam grades). In order to satisfy this requirement students must either submit their secondary school transcript proving successful completion of the course with the required grade, or submit proof of any one of the following acceptable substitutions:
- English Studies 12 - minimum final grade "B"
- English First Peoples 12 - minimum final grade "B"
- Literature 12 with a minimum B (final grade)
- English First Peoples 12 with a minimum B (final grade)
- Douglas College English Assessment
- Completion of a college-level writing or literature course that transfers to Douglas as an English, Communications or Creative Writing course
- Advanced Placement English (Language or Literature) exam score of 3 or higher
- LPI score of 5 on both the essay and English usage components AND a score of 10 on reading comprehension
- IELTS score of 7 with a minimum score on all parts of 6.5
- iBT TOEFL overall score of 92 or higher with a minimum of 22 in each of listening, speaking, reading and writing
- TOEFL (paper-based) with a score of 55 or higher in each of listening, reading, writing AND a score of 5 on the TWE
- Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) Level 9
- One of ENGU 0450 / 0455 / 0490 with a grade of C- or higher
- ELLA 0460 with a grade of C- or higher
- ELLA 0465 and 0475 each with a grade of C- or higher
- ELLA 0820 with a grade of C- or higher