Students who are registered in on-campus classes, co-op or practicum placements that are a minimum of three credits will continue to be eligible for a U-Pass BC and will be charged the U-Pass BC fee. This means that the majority of students, who are taking online classes only, will not be eligible for a U-Pass BC and will not be charged.
TransLink’s U-Pass BC website is now available for eligible students needing to link their Compass card and/or load their U-Pass BC.
Loading your U-Pass BC: Infographic instructions
Translink has provided an infographic showing the steps to load your U-Pass BC on Compass Card, including information on where to get a Compass Card.
For information on the U-Pass BC Program and Compass Card go to the 'Frequently Asked Questions' linked from this page.
- Get your student ID card if you don't already have one. You must travel on transit with your Douglas Student ID card and U-Pass BC on Compass Card. Important, your U-Pass BC on Compass Card is not transferable.
- Go to the Translink student website, choose Douglas College from the drop-down list, and log in with your College Network Access (the same as what you use for the College computers and WiFi - your student ID number and password).
- If you have U-Pass BC Program questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-527-5770.
- Link your Compass Card.
- View your eligibility and request your U-Pass BC. Please note: Your fees must be paid in full OR you must have submitted a fee deferral before your eligibility is given to Translink.
- Sign up for monthly Notifications from Translink to remind you to load the next months U-Pass BC.
- Allow up to 24 hours for your U-Pass BC to load.
- Start tapping in and out with your U-Pass BC on Compass Card on transit!
If you are having problems logging in, try resetting your password or contact the CEIT Service Desk at 604-527-5330.