Fall 2020 UPass update
In agreement with Translink, Douglas College suspended the U-Pass BC program until August 31. As of Sept. 1, Douglas College will revert to its original contract with Translink, where students registered in at least 3 credits of on-campus classes will be charged the U-Pass BC fee. For Fall 2020, that means a majority of students, who are taking online classes only, will not be eligible for U-Pass and will not be charged.
Translink and Student Unions are still reviewing the reinstatement of the program for Fall 2020. If U-Pass BC is not reinstated for the Fall, those students who have paid the U-Pass fee will receive a refund.
Winter 2020 refund notice
Douglas College is issuing a refund for the April 2020 U-Pass. Refunds will be issued to those students who did not use their April U-Pass for more than $41 in stored travel value. A cheque of $41 will be mailed to the address listed on myAccount.
Loading your U-Pass BC: Infographic instructions
Translink has provided an infographic showing the steps to load your U-Pass BC on Compass Card, including information on where to get a Compass Card.
For information on the U-Pass BC Program and Compass Card go to the 'Frequently Asked Questions' linked from this page.
- Get your student ID card if you don't already have one. You must travel on transit with your Douglas Student ID card and U-Pass BC on Compass Card. Important, your U-Pass BC on Compass Card is not transferable.
- Go to the Translink student website, choose Douglas College from the drop-down list, and log in with your College Network Access (the same as what you use for the College computers and WiFi - your student ID number and password).
- If you have U-Pass BC Program questions, contact email@example.com or 604-527-5770.
- Link your Compass Card.
- View your eligibility and request your U-Pass BC. Please note: Your fees must be paid in full OR you must have submitted a fee deferral before your eligibility is given to Translink.
- Sign up for monthly Notifications from Translink to remind you to load the next months U-Pass BC.
- Allow up to 24 hours for your U-Pass BC to load.
- Start tapping in and out with your U-Pass BC on Compass Card on transit!
If you are having problems logging in, try resetting your password or contact the CEIT Service Desk at 604-527-5330.