Follow steps one through eight to learn how to apply to Douglas College as an international student.
Step 1. Find your program
Douglas College has over 100 undergraduate and post-degree programs to choose from! Find a program open to international students and pick the one you like.
Step 2. Check requirements
Check the Douglas College admission requirements and application deadlines for international students.
Step 3. Check program availability
Contact International Admissions to make sure your program is available before submitting an application.
Step 4. Apply online
- Navigate to Education Planner BC, create an account, fill in your personal information, choose your program and pay the $100 CAD application fee. Please note that this application fee is non-refundable.
- If your program of interest is not listed on Education Planner BC, it is not available
- Alternatively, if you are unable to apply online, you may choose to fill out, sign and send a fillable PDF application to International Admissions. Please also include:
- High school/college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
- Copy of a valid passport
- $100 CAD (non-refundable) application fee receipt paid via Flywire
Step 5. Submit your documents
Scan your documents as separate PDFs and send the files to International Admissions to be checked and verified. Douglas College International will get back to you about when and where to send originals.
Step 6. Receive an Offer of Admission
If you meet the College’s entry requirements, an offer letter will be sent within 5 business days and will include instructions on how to accept your offer and provide the deposit.
Step 7. Pay the deposit to accept the Offer and receive a LOA
After you have accepted your offer, you will receive a letter of acceptance followed by more information about course planning, registration, new student orientation, and more.
Step 8. Apply for a Study Permit and prepare to arrive
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) requires credential seeking students to hold a valid study permit during their study in Canada. Students from certain countries must also apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV).
Douglas College is a Designated Learning Institution. Douglas College’s DLI number is O19360973702. For the full DLI list, please see the IRCC website.