Do what you love. Be good at it.
We inspire our students to do what they love and be good at it, providing educational experiences that challenge, enlighten, and open doors to lives of passion and purpose.
Douglas College is recognized as providing the most inspiring and relevant undergraduate educational experience in B.C., filling a niche between universities and colleges by combining the academic foundations of a university with the employer-ready skills of a college.
Douglas College Values
These guiding principles shape the Douglas College learning community and govern our decision-making.
- that students are our primary focus.
- in fostering a dynamic, accessible and supportive teaching and learning environment that prizes excellence and innovation. We value creative and critical thinking and the will to challenge and be challenged.
- in honouring the contribution and worth of all individuals. We welcome diversity with its rich complexity and believe that all voices need to be heard.
- that it is our duty to be thoughtful and caring stewards of the personal, physical and fiscal resources entrusted to us. We practice social, environmental and community responsibility.
- that intellectual growth and exploration inspire well-rounded, responsible and contributing citizens. We invite everyone into the excitement and curiosity of learning.
- in the power of dreams and in the power of education to make them come true