If you are interested in completing the full certificate program, you must be admitted to the program. Your application for admission must demonstrate one of the following:
- That you currently work in the career, employment or vocational rehabilitation field with a minimum of one year experience
- Or hold a post-secondary diploma or degree in a related field
- Or have completed one year of paid or voluntary work in a human service field related to working directly with clients
In addition, your application should demonstrate
- your interest and experience in human services and/or customer service (transferable skills)
- personal suitability to work in an employment services environment
- good oral and written knowledge of the English language
To apply for the program, please submit the following:
- A completed Program Admissions Application form
- A current resumé, including relevant work history (paid and/or volunteer) and copies of professional or para-professional credentials (relevant experience for this program means direct experience in providing services to others in a support/counselling role).
- One letter of reference from an employer or someone working in the field attesting to your personal suitability for working in the career practitioner field. Guidelines for the letter of reference: from a current or previous supervisor or employer (paid or volunteer work), or a case manager. It is helpful to provide your referee with some information about the CDP program and your letter of intent.
- A letter of intent that explains why you want to complete the program, how you will use the program in the future and your personal goals and your vision. This letter should be approximately one page in length.
Email your application package to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are a limited number of seats available in courses. Please review the course schedules for CRNs and tuition amounts. Tuition is due at time of registration. You can contact the CE Registration Office to complete your registration.
If you have taken equivalent courses (same content and number of hours, documented with an official transcript) you may apply for exemption for a maximum of two of the required program courses. Call 604 527 5479 for Exemption Request forms and fees.
Students who have successfully completed the Ethics for CD Practitioners (CDPP 267) and Career Development Theories (CDPP 268) courses as part of the On the Road to Certification program may transfer these courses into the Career Development Practice certificate.
Please note, that CDPP 268 is 20 hours, but the Theories, Models & Strategies (CDPP 750) course in the certificate program is 30 hours. Students who transfer CDPP 268 into the certificate program will be required to complete an additional 10-hour course to bridge the two courses.