Douglas International Regional Entrance Awards & Education Entrance Scholarships
Douglas College offers nearly $100,000 in entrance scholarships to new international students each year who have proven to be successful in their previous academic studies.
We currently have two categories of entrance scholarships available for Fall, Winter, and Summer semesters at Douglas College:
Regional Entrance Awards: $1000 - 2000
- No separate application necessary. Students will automatically be assessed upon application to Douglas College, and will be notified of this award when we send an offer of admission.
- Available to students from: CIS countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan), Europe, Latin America, Middle East, Africa, Southeast Asia and South Asia (Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal).
- To be eligible, students must have applied to Douglas College by the official semester application deadline listed below.
- Successful recipients typically have an above average GPA (B equivalent or higher) and strong English language proficiency test scores (i.e. IELTS 7.0 and above, or equivalent).
Education Entrance Scholarships: $2500
- Separate application required. Applicants must complete the entrance scholarship form (PDF) by the below deadline and email along with all supporting documents to Douglas International. To be considered, students must have already applied to Douglas College.
- Students are selected based on their previous academic performance and their engagement in their school, community and/or personal development.
- Students from all countries are eligible for these scholarships.
Education Entrance Scholarship Deadlines
|Summer (May)||January 31|
|Fall (September)||May 31|
|Winter (January)||September 30|
Continuing student awards and scholarships
In addition to entrance scholarships, Douglas College students may also qualify for continuing student awards based on their performance throughout the academic year.
Douglas College International Education Award of Distinction
The Douglas College International Education Award of Distinction endowment fund was created in 1995 by Douglas College International (then Douglas College Centre for International Education). The purpose of the fund is to recognize and reward international students returning to Douglas College who have demonstrated excellence over time, having completed a minimum of 24 credit hours.
Continuing student international mobility award
Continuing international and domestic students may apply for additional funding to facilitate their participation in an approved international mobility program. To learn more about international exchange opportunities and available scholarships and awards, please contact Douglas College Global Engagement. For details on international exchanges, visit MyGlobal.
This scholarship was created by Guangwei Ouyang, VP, International Education & Strategic Partnerships, in 2017, to support the recruitment of international student athletes to Douglas College. The purpose of the fund is to cover the difference between International and Domestic student tuition fees. A maximum of 5 eligible recipients will be chosen each academic year to receive up to $7,000 towards their tuition. The scholarships will be split equally between the Fall & Winter semester.