DCI Ambassador Eligibility
Are you a current Douglas College international student, enthusiastic about your studies and our community? For an opportunity to work closely with Douglas College International team, alongside other students, participate in the College's events and build skills and experience, you may consider joining our volunteer DCI Ambassador team. You will need to meet the following requirements and expect the following throughout the program:
- You have been a Douglas College international student for at least one semester or was a mentee in the DCI Mentorship program in your first semester.
- You maintain a GPA of 2.33 or above
- You are well-organized, a strong communicator, proactive, engaging and enjoy using initiative
- You are ready and willing to share your personal college experience and perspective through the digital channel and in-person
- You have a keen interest in working in an international setting
- You have reliable access to the internet /phone
What to expect
- Attend synchronous training sessions and complete asynchronous training modules
- Commit 7+ hours/semester to supporting and answering prospective international students' questions on the interactive Unibuddy platform
- Maintain respectful conversations with prospective international students and staff
- Attend the Mandatory Volunteer Orientation, and at least on teambuilding or skill development session per semester
- Report your workload and experiences via the feedback form twice per semester
If you are ready to become the voice of Douglas College International, someone that prospective students can turn to for information and advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us and sign up to become a DCI Ambassador!