Reviewing the graduation checklist to ensure you can attend the ceremony.
- A $20 fee is required to confirm your attendance and rent your regalia (gown) for your ceremony. Students must register by May 22.
- Invitations to reserve and pay the $20 will be emailed to eligible graduates the week of May 8. If you did not receive this information, you can reserve and pay the fee here.
- Information regarding guest tickets will be sent to graduates in late May, after you have confirmed you have paid your registration fee and reserved your regalia.
- On the RSVP website, graduates may indicate how many guest tickets they would like. Up to two guest tickets will be confirmed, additional guest tickets may by issues space permitting in June.
- Guests under the age of two do not count towards the two-guest maximum. Please note: these guests will be required to sit on a parent or guardian’s lap.
- Guests must have a ticket to enter the Laura C. Muir Theatre. Guests should arrive 30-45 minutes prior to the ceremony start time. Doors will open approximately 30 minutes before the ceremony.
- Guests who arrive after the procession has begun will be seated by theatre staff when there is an appropriate break in the ceremony (if space permits). Guest seating is unassigned, general admission. We ask that guests stay in their seats for the duration of the ceremony.
- Guests may wear what they are comfortable in.
- Latecomers may not be seated in the theatre.
- A livestream of the ceremonies will be posted online for guests who are unable to attend.
If you require special accommodation (i.e., sign language interpretation or wheelchair access), please fill out this form and email it to email@example.com at least two weeks before your ceremony.
Parking at the New Westminster Campus will be complimentary to everyone between June 13-16. Find parkade information here.
What to bring
- Government issued photo ID
- Your student ID
- Your Gaspard confirmation (regalia rental confirmation)
What to wear
- You will be wearing a gown overtop so you can dress however it makes you comfortable
- Some choose to wear a dress, skirts and dress pants, or jeans/dress pants
Are you considering dressing or bringing ceremonial items to the graduation ceremony? Please let us know in advance by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Please arrive at the Douglas College New Westminster Campus 1.5 hours before your ceremony begins.
- Coat check for graduates
- Coat check is available on the third floor
- Alternatively, feel free to leave large items at home or with your guests.
- Pick up your credential
- You will pick up your credential in room N3302. Your government issued photo ID and student ID card is required.
- Pick up your regalia
- Check in and receive your regalia on the third floor in the Dance Studio, room N3260. Your Gaspard/regalia order confirmation is required.
- Prepare for the procession
- Instructions and an overview of the ceremony will be provided to you in your designated pre-procession room (look for signage on the day of the event).
- Attend the Cake and Coffee Social after the ceremony
- After the ceremony, you and your guests are invited to celebrate at the Cake and Coffee Social in the main concourse.
- Drop off regalia
- After the social, drop off your regalia at coat check.
- Anyone can watch on the livestream using any device on the day of each ceremony.
- An overflow room located near the concourse is available to watch the ceremonies. Look for ushers to direct guests to that location.
Each Convocation ceremony will last approximately 90 to 120 minutes in length.
After the ceremony, graduates and guests are invited to celebrate at the Cake and Coffee Social in the main concourse. The concourse celebrations will have:
- Cake and coffee
- Photo opportunities
- Candy bar hosted by Alumni Relations
- DJ music
Don't forget to get your official graduation portraits before the Summer Convocation and beat the rush. Book your spot today.
- Location: 1868 Glen Dr Vancouver (Unit 250)
- Check for availability
- $100 deposit that is used towards your final purchase
Can't come to our studio before the convocation? Don't worry, Cakewalk Media will be at Douglas College capturing your walk across the stage. Optional graduation portraits booths will be available at Douglas College during the ceremony dates
During the ceremony:
- No flash photography allowed during the ceremony. Please keep theatre aisles clear during the ceremony.
- Cakewalk Media will capture each graduate passing the stage for a handshake
- Cakewalk Media will capture each graduate off stage (background and one main light)
- Cakewalk Media will also provide optional post-ceremony graduation portraits (located in the room next to Enrolment Services on the second floor)
- All photos of the ceremony will be hosted on an online gallery and provided on a shared link within 48 hours of the ceremony.
- Students unable to attend their ceremony may pick up their credential between June 19-June 23 at the New West Campus Enrolment Services. Please note: your student ID or government issued photo ID is required.
- If you would like a third party (family or friend) to pick up your credential, the authorized designate must bring in a signed and completed Third Party Pick Up Form and follow the instructions as outlined on the form.
- All remaining credentials will be mailed out in July to the mailing address in myAccount.
- If you cannot attend the ceremony please ensure your mailing address in myAccount is accurate.