LINC, or Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada, provides English training for adults new to Canada. Douglas College offers LINC in Surrey and Workplace LINC Levels 5-6 in Coquitlam. The cost-free program is funded by Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada.
- Clients must be 17 years old or older and approved for permanent residence.
- You must have at least one of the following documents:
a) Valid Permanent Resident Card (check the expiry date on the front side of PR card)
b) Confirmation of Permanent Residence
c) Notice of Decision from the Refugee Protection Division of the Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB) confirming convention refugee status
Note: Canadian citizens, temporary visitors, temporary foreign workers and refugee claimants who have not yet received a positive decision on their refugee status claim CANNOT take LINC classes.
HOW TO REGISTER
1. Clients must have their Original Client Referral Form and one of the following:
a) CLBPT Assessment Report
b) LINC Certificate
c) Learner Progress Report
Before you can enroll in a LINC program, you must complete a language assessment. Click here for the Assessment Centre Application Form.
2. For LINC 1 to 6 classes in Surrey: Complete this online registration form.
3. For LINC 5 & 6 classes in Coquitlam: Complete this online registration form.
4. We will contact you via email within two business days. Remember to check your email.
Note: Incomplete applications or any missing documentation will delay the registration process. All of the above documents are only valid for 24 months. If any of the above documents are past due and you have been out of the program longer than 24 months, you must be re-assessed at either Western ESL Services or Surrey Language Assessment Centre.