This course is designed for postgraduate Veterinary Technologists/ Technicians/ Nurses (National and International) working in small animal practice.
This is the third course in the Veterinary Anesthesia Refresher Certificate.
- Course Content
- Instruction Method
- Learning Resources
- Completion Timeframe
- Tuition & Fees
- Registration and Course Start
- Fluid therapy & shock
- Prevention and treatment of anesthetic emergencies
- Recognition and treatment of arrhythmias
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Crash kit and CPR case studies
Asynchronous online course in Blackboard. The course is self-paced and instructor supported.
Due to the nature of an online delivery, the student will be expected be proficient in computer skills including email, adding attachments, navigating the internet etc. Resources for getting started with Blackboard are available online to help get the student comfortable in the Blackboard environment.
- Admission to the Veterinary Anesthesia Refresher Certificate.
- Successful completion of VTAN 1000 and VTAN 1100.
- Proof of RECOVER certification.
Minimum grade to pass is B (75%).
All resources are provided within the course. There are no additional textbooks required.
6 weeks (12 hours) from course start date.
Tuition & Fees
Registration and Course Start
Registration is easy; email the Program Assistant for the registration form. Payment instructions will be provided after the form is processed.
Instructions on how to access your course materials will be emailed to you by the Program Assistant the week before your course start.
Registrations dates and deadlines can be found here.
CRN provided by department.