The Douglas College Student Services Advisory Committee provides feedback and advice to student services units. Duties of the committee include:
- bringing forward issues, concerns and questions from the student body, or specific student constituent groups
- receiving updates about services to share with fellow students
- sharing updates on student activities and initiatives related to student experience and services
Input, feedback and advice provided by the Committee are considered in decision-making for student services units, including service implementation and enhancement, and program development.
Call for applications
Douglas College is recruiting members for the Student Services Advisory Committee.
All current Douglas College students are eligible to apply. The Committee will meet four times per year. Meetings will take place on Wednesdays, 4-5:30pm. The Committee orientation will be held in late May or early June.
We are seeking students with:
- an interest in contributing to College services for students
- a willingness to share your experiences and perspectives
- some experience accessing College services for students
- the ability to communicate well
- a commitment to attend all meetings
You will have the opportunity to:
- provide input on decisions regarding services for students
- meet new people
- develop your personal and professional network
- gain experience in a committee setting