For specific refund details that relate to your situation, please see the information on the right-hand side of the page.
|June 23 to September 8, 2020||100% refund|
|September 9 to September 21, 2020||You can switch courses or sections without penalty as long as you are registered in the same number of credits. Refund of 50% per credit for any courses(s) dropped. If you add courses during the late registration period starting September 8, 2020 pay outstanding fees immediately in order to avoid Late Payment Penalties.|
|September 22, 2020 onward||No refunds. If all fees are not paid in full by September 22, 2020, a Registration & Activity Hold and Late Payment Penalty of $25 per registered course will be applied to your account. Additional Late Payment Penalties of $100 will be applied to accounts which are outstanding October 23 and November 20, 2020.|
If you drop any courses after the semester begins, and have not made any payments toward your account, you may still owe Douglas College tuition and/or fees. The amount owed will be determined by the date and number of credits dropped.
Additional refund information
- The Registration and Services Fee and the Other Student Activity Fees are non-refundable after Late Registration.
- Refunds of $15 or less will not be processed.
- Tuition fees are not transferable to another semester, nor are they transferable to another student.
- Late admission to another post-secondary institution is not considered sufficient reason to waive the Douglas College Refund Procedure.
- All drops must be done using the Registration System.
Receiving your refund
- Refund cheques will be issued 6-8 weeks after the start of the semester and will be mailed to the address currently in our system.
- Please ensure that we have your current address in our system. To update your address, log in to the Registration System and choose "Update Address and Phone" under the Personal Information Menu.