For specific refund details that relate to your situation, please see the information on the left-hand side of the page.
|Dates||Refund Information Fall 2022|
June 21 to September 12, 2022
If you drop or change a section of a course during this period, you will receive a 100% tuition and fee refund. You should finalize changes to your schedule during this time frame to ensure you will receive a full refund.
Late Registration: September 13 to 19, 2022
|If you drop or change a section of a course during this period, you will receive a 50% tuition refund per class dropped, even if you replace your class or change sections of a course.|
|September 20 to November 7, 2022||
If you withdraw from a class, during this period, you are not eligible for a refund and the course will be recorded on your permanent record with a grade of "W", which does not count towards your GPA.
If all fees are not paid in full by September 20, 2022, a Registration & Activity Hold and Late Payment Penalty of $25 per registered course will be applied to your account. Additional Late Payment Penalties of $100 will be applied to accounts which are outstanding October 21 and November 21, 2022.
If you drop any courses after the semester begins, and have not made any payments toward your account, you may still owe Douglas College tuition and/or fees. The amount owed will be determined by the date and number of credits dropped.
Additional refund information
- Refunds of $15 or less will not be processed.
- Tuition fees are not transferable to another semester, nor are they transferable to another student.
- All drops must be done using the Registration System.
Receiving your refund
- Refund cheques will be issued 6-8 weeks after the start of the semester and will be mailed to the address currently in our system.
- Please ensure that we have your current address in our system. To update your address, log in to the Registration System and choose "Update Address and Phone" under the Personal Information Menu.
- Refunds will be issued back to Flywire if this was the method of payment used.