Your Student ID Card is your official Douglas College picture identification. Student ID Cards are produced by Enrolment Services for Douglas College students registered in courses for the current semester. Your Douglas College ID Card is valid for five years.
Current/Valid Government Photo Identification is required.
Lost or Stolen Replacement Cards: Continuing Students studying in Summer 2020 term who require a replacement card will be charged a replacement fee of $20.
How to Request your Student ID Card
Students registered for the Summer 2020 term can request that their Student ID card be mailed to their home address. Sign into your myAccount with your Douglas College Student ID Number and PIN to request your ID card online. The Student ID Card request form is available under the Personal Information Menu in a student’s myAccount page and is titled “Student ID Cards”.
Students registered for the Fall 2020 term can request their ID Cards beginning August 10, 2020.
Students requesting their first Douglas College Student ID Card will need to upload a copy of government-issued ID (for information see the Required ID section of the website) and an appropriate photograph that adheres to our photo standards (see below).
Students requesting a replacement Student ID Card will be assessed a replacement fee of $20 on their student account. (See Paying Your Fees for instructions on payment options.)
For more information regarding Student ID Cards, please contact Enrolment Services.
Student ID Card Functions
It is advised that you carry your Douglas College Student ID Card with you while on campus, as it serves many functions. Your Student ID Card:
- is your Douglas College library card, providing you access to Douglas College library privileges, including off-campus access to the library's database
- must be shown with the Compass Card when using Translink services
- may be requested when writing exams or when picking up confidential information from the Registrar’s Office
- is required to access campus facilities outside of regular college hours, and during periods of limited access, such as Sundays and holidays
- gives you access to rooms that may be specific to your program
Photo Standards for Student ID Cards
Enrolment Services reserves the right to reject any photo submission that does not comply with the standards listed above or obscures an individual’s likeness.
Submitted photos must adhere to the photo standards below:
- Photos must be clear, sharp, in focus, and in colour
- Photos should clearly capture the face and shoulders of the individual only
- You must be the only person in the photo
- Photos should be recent and present an updated likeness to the individual
- Cultural or religious head coverings are permitted
- Eyes should be looking into the camera and open. Glasses are permitted as long as eyes are clearly visible and there is no glare resulting from a camera flash
- Photos should not be altered in a significant way (e.g. enhanced, filters applied)
- Photos should be submitted in jpeg file format and should be smaller than 5MB in size