Research Conference Funding
About the fund
The Research and Innovation Office has funding available for students who are interested in sharing their research beyond the Douglas College research community.
Funding (up to $300) can help pay for conference admission and/or travel expenses.
Sharpen your public-speaking skills, get practice presenting at an industry event and network with renowned experts in your field by presenting your research project at a research or industry-specific conference.
Submit completed application forms to email@example.com.
Applications are open and being accepted. The last day to apply is April 22.
Application Judging Criteria
On your application, you will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Originality – new and innovative question being asked
- Quality of research – the rigor of research design, data, and analysis
- Clarity – of key concepts and linkages to research results
- Professional / future significance – importance / relevance of conference to future career / aspirations
- Preparedness – the degree to which the application conveys a readiness to present at a scholarly or professional conference
- Douglas College student, full-time or part-time
- Faculty sponsor must be aware of your project and sign off on your application form
- Must submit an application form
- Recipients will be required to present their work to the College community (via an online Research Café or research event)