ESSENTIAL SKILLS FOR SUPERVISORS - 2024
Be the leader you were meant to be!
Location: Online Zoom
Cost: $199 plus applicable taxes for each session or $699 plus applicable taxes for a 4-session package.
Time: 3 hours: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Course: Essential Skills for Supervisors
- The Role of Management, Leadership, and Coaching
Date: Tuesday, February 27th– CRN#11290
- Making the Transition to Supervisor
Date: Tuesday, March 5th – CRN#11291
- Effective Communication for Supervisors
Date: Tuesday, March 12th – CRN#11292
- Resolving Conflicts and Difficult Situations
Date: Tuesday, March 19th – CRN#11293
THE ROLE OF MANAGEMENT, LEADERSHIP, AND COACHING
Many Supervisors in the workplace today have never received any formal supervisory training for their role. They may have been a great employee, which is usually the reason why they were promoted, but moving from managing yourself to supervising other people can be an incredible leap. This workshop is designed for new and experienced Supervisors who wish to move beyond basic management skills and develop strong abilities to better lead their teams and shape their corporate culture.
This workshop links theory to practice with hands-on, action-based essential skills focused on:
- Differentiation of roles;
- Developing consistent attitudes with flexible strategies;
- A CLEAR coaching model;
- Leadership Styles;
- Leadership and Coaching Self-Assessment; and
- The language of leadership.
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION FOR SUPERVISORS
Supervisors of all levels within an organization need to be able to communicate effectively with employees, colleagues, and upper management. By improving communication skills, Supervisors can improve the flow of information, enhance teamwork, promote accountability, reduce errors, ramp up productivity, and provide greater consistency with fewer errors. Ultimately, effective communication improves the bottom line and facilitates growth.
Effective Communication for Supervisors workshop helps supervisors build strong communication skills and helps them promote the development of these skills among their employees. Participants will:
- Understand the benefits of effective workplace communication;
- Learn effective communication techniques – both verbal and non-verbal;
- Explore the effect of body language on relationships and trust;
- Recognize obstacles to effective communication;
- How to deal with Challenging Personalities; and
- Apply effective communication for difficult conversations.
RESOLVING CONFLICTS AND DIFFICULT SITUATIONS
Challenging situations are a fact of life in any workplace. These situations arise for a variety of reasons including our own or other people’s behaviours, conflicts of interest, personality clashes, errors, and a variety of unexpected circumstances. If managed well, they can have a powerful and positive effect. But if managed poorly, or ignored, they can be disastrous for business as conflicts negatively affect staff morale, efficiency, and commitment. In this highly interactive workshop geared specifically for Supervisors, participants will learn effective strategies to resolve conflicts and difficult situations with sensitivity and respect and participate in active role-playing to hone their skills.
In this highly interactive workshop geared specifically for Supervisors, participants will learn effective strategies to resolve conflicts and difficult situations with sensitivity and respect and participate in active role-playing to hone their skills. During the workshop, participants will explore:
- The Opportunity of Conflict;
- Elements of effective communication during a conflict;
- ‘Response-ability’, or your ability to respond;
- Effective strategies for different circumstances;
- Breakthrough communication, the ‘Trust Effect’ and gaining resolution;
- Courageous Conversations; and
- Applying different strategies to handle difficult situations.
MAKING THE TRANSITION TO SUPERVISOR
Making the move from co-worker to Supervisor can be a tricky transition. Often, former co-workers don’t want to treat you as their boss. They may want to continue treating you as one of the groups out of habit or because of existing relationships. Other emotions such as jealousy, fear, or frustration can fuel a lack of respect, behavioural pushback, and diminishing trust.
This basic training for new Supervisors provides you with easy-to-apply tools needed to make a successful transition into your new role. The workshop includes practical basic management know-how to plan, organize, coach, motivate, delegate, and communicate to be an effective new Supervisor. Topics include:
- Managing personal relationships;
- Combatting negativity and building trust;
- Their perception becomes your reality;
- It’s not a popularity contest, it’s about getting results;
- A Prioritization Model; and
- Productivity Tips.
▶️Here’s how to register:
Ask to register for Essential Skills for Supervisors and quote the CRN above.
Once you register, further information will be provided on how to make a payment.
All participants receive a Confirmation of Completion document for each course taken.
Please note: We reserve the right to cancel any course due to insufficient registration.
Continuing Education Courses
Course registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis. If the class is full, please ask to be placed on the waitlist.