Mindfulness for Anxiety is a support group for students struggling with stress, worries and anxiety, provided in partnership with the YMCA of Greater Vancouver. This program runs most semesters for seven weeks, with two-hour weekly sessions that build on the knowledge of the previous week’s session.
Each session has the same structure:
- Participants check-in by answering a set question.
- The group practices a mindfulness technique such as progressive muscle relaxation or mindful eating.
- Participants learn about coping with anxiety and stress with a new weekly topic.
- The group discusses the topic and engages in an activity to learn more about it.
- Sessions end with an individual check-out question.
Due to the program-style format, you must be registered to participate in this group. Registered members are expected to attend every session.
January 23 – March 13; 7 consecutive Mondays, 10:30am – 12:30pm (no session Feb. 20 due to Family Day)
New Westminster campus
If you’re interested in joining, you must attend one of the information sessions below:
January 9 – NWC Room S2680; 10:30am – 12:30pm
January 16 – NWC Room S2680; 10:30am – 12:30pm