Please note: the Career Boost program will be paused during summer semester 2022, resuming in September. Check back soon for information session and intake dates. Thank you!
If you’re taking a post-degree program at Douglas, the Career Boost Program will help you gain the career development skills and knowledge to succeed in the job market. The program will prepare you to find part-time work or volunteer positions that complement your area of study. Once you graduate from your Douglas program, we’ll help you land your first career-related position.
WHAT YOU GET
Training through six mandatory workshops "the PD-6" covering:
- communications, employer expectations and workplace culture
- how to use LinkedIn to your advantage
- overview of B.C. employment standards and labour market research
- how to develop effective networking strategies
- skills identification and career development planning
- writing tips for job searches
Ongoing career services support, workshops and coaching, including:
- Face-to-face time with employers at specially arranged company site visits
- Introductions to employers for networking or application purposes
- Networking Hub – weekly sessions where you’ll hone your leadership and public speaking skills
- Intake is continuous, meaning you can start anytime, even midway through the semester.
- You’ll receive ongoing help from Career Centre staff during the program and post-graduation, until you are employed full time.
What we expect from you:
Commitment. Space is limited, so completing all program components and an active desire to find part-time employment as soon as possible is critical.