REFUND AND DEFERRAL POLICY FOR FIRST SEMESTER INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
New first-semester international students are required to pay for a minimum of 12 credits at the time of acceptance. Payment of your deposit confirms that you agree to be bound by the conditions below.
Tuition and fees for the first 12 credits of study at Douglas College are non-refundable, subject to the conditions and exceptions listed below:
IMPORTANT: Five (5) business days before the first day of the semester is:
|Winter 2023||December 15, 2022, 11:59 PM (PST)|
|Summer 2023||April 29, 2023, 11:59 PM (PDT)|
|Fall 2023||August 25, 2023, 11:59 PM (PDT)|
1. Once a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) has been issued, a 50% refund of a deposit will be granted for withdrawals initiated a minimum of five (5) business days (Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays/College closures) prior to the first day of a semester.
2. No refund will be granted for withdrawals initiated fewer than five (5) business days prior to the first day of the semester.
3. Study Permit Refusal: Students who withdraw due to Study Permit refusal will receive a full refund (less a $250.00 CAD administration fee), as long as a Refund Request is submitted a minimum of five (5) business days prior to the first day of a semester. No refund will be granted for students with study permit applications still in progress.
4. Submission of fraudulent documents, making false claims during the admissions process (including study permit confirmation), or failure to receive a Study Permit due to fraud/alleged fraud/dishonesty will result in complete forfeiture of the admissions deposit.
5. Students who withdraw due to exceptional circumstances may submit a petition for a larger refund. Douglas College retains the right to determine what an exceptional circumstance is and what documentation is required to prove that an exceptional circumstance has occurred.
6. Students registered in at least nine (9) credits will have the balance of their deposit moved to the next semester of study, up to two (2) semesters. Registration changes are subject to the general fee refunds and penalty rules with the exception that non-refundable portions of the deposit will be moved, as above, instead of refunded.
7. Deferral Policy: If a student is unable to start the semester due to a delay in receiving a Study Permit or an exceptional circumstance, a student may apply to defer to a future semester on a one-time only basis, excluding situations outlined in section 4. The Deferral Request must be submitted to Douglas College International a minimum of 5 business days (Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays/College closures) prior to the first day of the semester, in PDF format, along with the following documentation:
1) Completed and signed Deferral Request Form (contact Douglas International to obtain this form);
2) Copy of Study Permit Rejection Letter and/or other relevant supporting documentation.
8. Tuition Fees and dates are subject to change without notice. Students are responsible for checking with the College of any changes close to the start of classes or upon arrival to Canada.
9. To initiate a withdrawal or Refund Request, the student or their authorized agent must contact Douglas College International Admissions or an international office admissions coordinator. Additional paperwork or supporting documents may be required at that time.
The deadlines in this policy do not preempt other (possibly earlier) deadlines related to a student’s eligibility to study; including, but not limited to meeting conditions required for admission or confirming study permit approval.
By taking the action of paying a deposit, you agree that all terms of the Refund and Deferral Policy for First Semester International Students are legal and binding, and you agree to the College’s decision and interpretation of these terms. Additionally, you agree that Douglas College may inform Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and/or Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) of any information deemed to be important to maintain the integrity of the Canada Study Permit Program.
VIEW AND DOWNLOAD REFUND AND DEFERRAL POLICY FOR FIRST SEMESTER INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS.