Workplace LINC 5/6 combines language instruction with classes on how to prepare for work in Canada. You will also practice computer skills. This popular program is for newcomers who are motivated to build up their English language skills in order to enter the labour market.
Who Is Eligible For Workplace LINC 5/6?
You are eligible for Workplace LINC 5/6 if you are a LINC 4/5 graduate or have a Client Referral Form from a LINC Language Assessment Centre or a designated LINC school.
- Complete your CLB Assessment (see locations below)
- After you have your CLB assessment results, complete the online registration form.
Note: Incomplete applications or any missing documentation will delay the process of the registration.
Or register in-person at:
- Douglas College, Coquitlam Campus, Room A1410, 1250 Pinetree Way
What Training Do Workplace LINC 5/6 Students Receive?
- Practice how to speak comfortably in front of a group
- Read and write memos, email, reports, letters and resumes
- Use workplace vocabulary
- Learn computer skills: Introduction to Word, Excel, Internet and email
- Talk with guest speakers who work in the community
- Use labour market information to research their field
Before registering in LINC, you must complete a free assessment test to determine your LINC level. Contact the Assessment Centre directly:
Surrey Language Assessment Centre
#202 – 7337 137th Street
Surrey, BC V3W 1A4
Phone: 604 507 4150
Western ESL Services
#208 – 2525 Commercial Drive
Vancouver, BC V5N 4C1
Phone: 604 876 5756