Encore Careers (55+)
In response to the situation with COVID-19, the ENCORE CAREERS program at Douglas College is now being offered online and will return to in-person sessions when it is safe to do so. Your safety is important to us. Douglas College is following protocols from Provincial Health Authorities.
Please check below for upcoming online sessions.
Search for 55+
IDENTIFYING SKILLS | RETIREMENT PLANNING | ENCORE CAREER BRIDGE
Encore Careers is a FREE employment program to assist people aged 55+ in their job search for sustainable employment or self-employment. Employment supports, skills training and so much more will be provided over 13 weeks.
- 5 weeks of in-class training
- 8 weeks of individual/ customized support
- Developing and launching a consulting practice
- Traditional Job placement
- Home Based Jobs
- Gig Jobs
- Access to industry-specific training and certifications
- Link to further education
- Digital Literacy Skills
- Job Search Strategies in today’s technological environment
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person (under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, S.C. 2001, c.27) legally entitled to work in Canada,
- Living in British Columbia
- Not a full-time student (i.e., not enrolled in high school or in post-secondary training), and
- Not actively participating in another provincially or federally funded labour market program.
- Currently Unemployed, or Precariously Employed
- Age 55+
Please download the REGISTRATION FORMHERE and complete the fillable fields (note some fields are not fillable and will be collected later to ensure your privacy). Email email@example.com and put Encore Careers in the subject line with the pdf form attached.
ONLINE INFORMATION SESSIONS (Call To Register)
|Tuesdays, June 9, 16, 23 & 30
||10:00 am - 11:00 am
|Wednesdays, June 17 & 24
||10:00 am - 11:00 am
|Thursdays, June 11, 18, 25 & July 2
||2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
UPCOMING ONLINE CLASS
July 13, 2020
Douglas College New Westminster Campus
700 Royal Avenue
New Westminster, BC
Douglas College Coquitlam Campus
A1410 - 1250 Pinetree Way
August 3rd, 2020 (ONLINE)
September 21st, 2020 (T.B.A.)
November 9th, 2020 (Coquitlam)
January 4th, 2020 (New Westminster)