Douglas College is following protocols from Provincial Health Authorities and most services are currently virtual/online. Please connect with us for more information. We look forward to helping you find your next career!
IDENTIFYING SKILLS | RETIREMENT PLANNING | ENCORE CAREER BRIDGE
Encore Careers is a FREE employment program to assist people aged 55+ in their job search for sustainable employment or self-employment. Employment supports, skills training and so much more will be provided over 13 weeks.
- 5 weeks of in-class training
- 8 weeks of individual/ customized support
- Developing and launching a consulting practice
- Traditional Job placement
- Home Based Jobs
- Gig Jobs
- Access to industry-specific training and certifications
- Link to further education
- Digital Literacy Skills
- Job Search Strategies in today’s technological environment
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person (under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, S.C. 2001, c.27) legally entitled to work in Canada,
- Living in British Columbia
- Not a full-time student (i.e., not enrolled in high school or in post-secondary training), and
- Not actively participating in another provincially or federally funded labour market program.
- Currently Unemployed, or Precariously Employed
- Age 55+
Download the REGISTRATION FORM HERE *
* PLEASE NOTE, once downloaded you must open the file and "SAVE AS" to rename the file with your First Name, Last Initial BEFORE filling out the form; then complete the fillable fields (note some fields are not fillable and will be collected later to ensure your privacy). Once complete, please do a final 'save' of the form and email firstname.lastname@example.org with your pdf form attached.