- Graduation from BC Secondary School (or equivalent) or mature student status.
- Government regulations and program policy require students to be a minimum age of 18 years by the program start in September.
- Completion of the following courses (or equivalents). Official transcripts required (photocopies or electronic copies are not accepted).
- Chemistry 11 with a minimum of C+ (Chemistry 12 with a minimum of C+ fulfills this requirement)
- Biology 11 with a minimum of C+ (Biology 12 with a minimum of C+ fulfils this requirement)
- One grade 12 Science course with a minimum of C+ (Chemistry 12, Biology 12, Geology 12, Physics 12)
- English 12 with a minimum of B.
- Foundations of Math 11, Pre-Calculus 11 or the former Principles of Math 11/12 with a minimum of C.
After official transcripts have been reviewed by the registrar's office determining that you have met the program academic prerequisites, the following additional program documents are required:
- A short VTEC Entrance Questionnaire - (to be submitted in your own handwriting).
- A Task Observation Form (this will detail your minimum 80 hours of veterinary experience).
- Structured Reference Letters (2)
All of the above documentation must be received by the program application deadline date. It is then reviewed, ranked and the top 60 applicants are invited for an interview.
Year One Semester 1 (Fall)
|VTEC 1101||Veterinary Anatomy and Physiology 1||3|
Veterinary Laboratory Procedures 1
|VTEC 1103||Veterinary Nursing 1||3|
|VTEC 1112||Veterinary Administrative Procedures||3|
|CMNS 1111||Workplace Communications for Veterinary Technology||3|
|MATH 1183||Mathematics for Veterinary Technology||2|
Year One Semester 2 (Winter)
|VTEC 1201||Veterinary Anatomy and Physiology 2||3|
Veterinary Laboratory Procedures 2
|VTEC 1203||Veterinary Nursing 2||3|
|VTEC 1204||Veterinary Pharmacology||3|
|VTEC 1205||Veterinary Diseases||3|
Year One Summer: We recommend that students seek employment in a veterinary facility during this summer break.
Year Two Semester 1 (Fall)
|VTEC 2106||Veterinary Dentistry||2|
Large Animal Clinics
|VTEC 2108||Veterinary Anesthesia||3|
|VTEC 2109||Veterinary Radiography||3|
|VTEC 2110||Animal Behavior and Welfare||2|
|VTEC 2111||Animal Nutrition||3|
Year Two Semester 2 (Winter)
|VTEC 2303||Veterinary Nursing 3||4|
Veterinary Surgical Assistance
|VTEC 2305||Veterinary Genetics and Reproduction||3|
|VTEC 2307||Lab Animal and Exotics Clinics||3|
|VTEC 2309||Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging||2|