Focus of this course is a practical project, done in the business community. Class time will be limited, and will focus on project management techniques and student group problem solving. Students will share their experiences, challenges and recommendations with the class. Field work and student-directed learning will constitute the principal activity undertaken throughout the course. Student groups will meet and/or interact regularly with the instructor as required.
- Purpose of marketing practicum.
- Project analysis and planning.
- Client goals, management and interaction.
- Information requirements and data gathering plan.
- Project management and evaluation skills.
- Group dynamics and interactions.
- Analysis, recommendations and reporting techniques.
- Report presentation.
- Preparation of a personal portfolio of marketing initiatives worked on
At the end of the course, the successful student should be able to:
- effectively utilize problem analysis skills
- translate a marketing challenge into a feasible project with a plan, a strategy, and deliverables;
- apply marketing concepts and methods learned in previous courses;
- integrate the knowledge and understanding achieved in formal studies with the realities of practical marketing problems and situations in the marketplace;
- understand how to work effectively in a project team;
- develop client interaction and satisfaction skills;
- integrate the various parts of a marketing project, develop recommendations, and summarize the project experience and results
|Client Evaluation of Overall Project||10%|
STUDENTS MUST COMPLETE ALL COMPONENTS OF THE COURSE TO OBTAIN CREDIT FOR THE COURSE.
Textbooks and Materials to be Purchased by Students
Dickson, Peter. Marketing Management, Latest Ed. Fort Worth, Texas: The Dryden Press. or equivalent
Hiebing, R. The Successful Marketing Plan, Latest Ed. NTC Publishing Group or similar resource for marketing planning.
Zikmund, William G. Exploring Marketing Research, Latest Ed. Fort Worth
Texas: The Dryden Press. or equivalent