This course is not active. Please contact Department Chair for more information.
- The role of marketing research.
- The marketing research process.
- Organizational and ethical issues.
- Problem definition and the research proposal.
- Exploratory research and qualitative analysis.
- Secondary data.
- On-line research
- Research designs for collecting primary data.
- Measurement concepts.
- Sampling and fieldwork.
- Data analysis.
- Reporting & communicating research results.
This course consists of a mixture of lecture and seminar, and practical application of techniques is done through exercises and project work.
|Assignments (4) and Project||40%|
|Term Project and Presentation||25%|
STUDENTS MUST COMPLETE ALL COMPONENTS OF THE COURSE TO OBTAIN CREDIT FOR THE COURSE.
At the end of the course, the successful student should be able to:
- explain the role of marketing research, and the process involved in integrating it into marketing strategy;
- develop problem or opportunity formulation skills;
- develop a market research plan and the tactics to implement it;
- identify the objectives and methods of marketing research;
- design the main types of survey research;
- use a set of computerized statistical techniques for analyzing data.
- interpret and analyze research;
- explain the results of research analysis in business terms.
Textbooks and Materials to be Purchased by Students
Zikmund, William G., Bodur, H. Onur Effective Marketing Research in Canada, Latest Canadian Ed. Thomson Nelson (Thomson Canada Limited) or equivalent.
Leonard, Thomas L. Study Guide: Experiencing Marketing Research - A Student Project Manual, Latest Ed. Fort Worth, Texas: The Dryden Press or equivalent.
Course Guidelines for previous years are viewable by selecting the version desired. If you took this course and do not see a listing for the starting semester / year of the course, consider the previous version as the applicable version.
|Institution||Transfer Details||Effective Dates|
|Capilano University (CAPU)||CAPU BMKT 360 (3)||2004/09/01 to 2016/12/31|
|Kwantlen Polytechnic University (KPU)||KPU MRKT 2340 (3)||2004/09/01 to 2016/12/31|
|Langara College (LANG)||LANG MARK 2327 (3)||2004/09/01 to 2006/12/31|
|Simon Fraser University (SFU)||SFU BUS 1XX (3)||2004/09/01 to 2016/12/31|
|Thompson Rivers University (TRU)||TRU BBUS 3480 (3)||2011/09/01 to 2016/12/31|
|University of British Columbia - Vancouver (UBCV)||UBCV COMM 2nd (3)||2004/09/01 to 2016/12/31|
|University of the Fraser Valley (UFV)||UFV BUS 1XX (3)||2004/09/01 to 2007/08/31|
|University of the Fraser Valley (UFV)||UFV BUS 320 (3)||2007/09/01 to 2016/12/31|