Methods Of Instruction
Material will be presented within a lecture format.
Means of Assessment
Minimum of 3 evaluations, none of which will exceed 40%, for a total of 100%.
At the end of the course, the successful student should be able to:
- explain why we observe financial intermediaries;
- examine the economic role played by financial intermediaries;
- distinguish between primary and secondary markets and the role played by financial intermediaries in each market;
- evaluate the various financial markets and the institutional differences between them.
Textbooks and Materials to be Purchased by Students
The main text is to be chosen from the following, as determined by the instructor:
- Fabozzi, F. et al. Foundations of Financial Markets and Institutions, latest ed. Toronto: Prentice Hall Canada. (optional)
- Kidwell, D. et al. Financial Institutions, Markets and Money, latest ed. John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (optional)
- Mishkin, F. et al. Financial Markets and Institutions, latest Canadian ed. Pearson Education Canada.