Due to the impact the COVID-19 pandemic is having on the operation of Disney's College Program and US visa issuance, the University of California has cancelled the Summer 2020 intake of their program. If you have questions about this program or would like to be notified when application re-opens, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Earn a Certificate in Hospitality & Tourism Management, or a Certificate in Management from the University of California, Riverside (UCR)!
***Application for the 2020 program is now closed. The information session schedule for the 2021 program will be available by October 2020.***
Course work (traditional and online formats), site visits, and paid work experience transfer to Douglas College as BUSN, MARK and HOSP credits - up to 9 credits! See TABLE.
Positions available at Walt Disney World® Resort include,
- Character Performer
- Quick Service Food & Beverage
2020 Program Dates:
- June 27 - Arrival Day at UCR campus. Free transportation from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) that day.
- June 29 to July 10 - Orientation and academic course work at UCR
- July 12 - Overnight flight from LAX to Orlando International Airport (MCO)
- July 13 - Arrival at Walt Disney World® Resorts. Check in housing.
- July 14 - Full-time, supervised, paid academic training begins
- September - Course work begins
- December 17 - End of program. Students depart Walt Disney World® Resorts.
- See UCR's presentation for all the details!
- Note that Canadian and U.S. students accepted to the program need not apply for the J-1 Visa nor attend an interview at the U.S. Consulate General Office in advance of leaving for the program.
- Canadians will be interviewed at the U.S. port of entry instead.
- Download a fillable pre-application form*
- Pre-Application Submission Deadline: Friday, January 3rd
*Save blank form before typing!
International Programs Award/Scholarship
Douglas College students may be eligible for:
- $750 to $2,500 per award/scholarship
- A 2.00 minimum cumulative GPA is required.
- Download a fillable award/scholarship application form*
- Download a fillable academic reference form (part of award/scholarship application).
- Award/Scholarship application deadline: Friday, January 31st
Karen Ng, Global Engagement Room S2805, New Westminster Campus Email: email@example.com Tel.: 604-527-5844