Basic Office Skills (Certificate)
If you've been out of the work force for a while and need a quick refresher course, or are looking for a short-term program leading to an entry-level office position, the Basic Office Skills Certificate Program at Douglas College is right for you. The focus is on computer skills, employability skills and administrative procedures.
NOTE: This program will not be offered beginning in Fall 2021. Students currently enrolled in the program will be able to complete their course work, but applications to the program are no longer available.
- Successful completion of 15 credits
- A minimum of 50% of the required program courses must be taken at Douglas College
- Successful completion of all courses with a "C" or better
|OADM 1240||Business Commununications and Procedures||3|
|OADM 1241||Office Relations and Productivity Skills||3|
|OADM 1244||General Office Skills||3|
|OADM 1246||Computer Applications I||3|
- General College Admission Requirements (excluding Language Proficiency Requirement).
- English 11 with a grade of "C" or better or the following exemptions:
- EN 12 "P"
- EN LIT 12 "P"
- TPC 12 "P"
- COMM 12 "C+"
- Strong English skills are required. Students who are weak in English skills should consider upgrading.
Program Guidelines for previous years are viewable by selecting the version desired. If you took this program and do not see a listing for the starting semester / year of the program, consider the previous version as the applicable version.