- Ergonomic principles
- Keyboarding timings
- Correct technique
- Speed and accuracy drill exercises
The instructor will facilitate learning through demonstration, individual instruction, and guided group activities. Students will use computer software to develop keyboarding skills.
To obtain a grade of mastery
- all assignments must be completed
- proper technique must be demonstrated
- minimum speed of 30 NWPM with 98% accuracy must be achieved on a minimum of three 5-minute timings
NOTE: Students may conduct research as part of their coursework in this class. Instructors for the course are responsible for ensuring that student research projects comply with College policies on ethical conduct for research involving humans, which can require obtaining Informed Consent from participants and getting the approval of the Douglas College Research Ethics Board prior to conducting the research.
The learner has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- keyboard accurately using touch-typing technique to produce alphanumeric copy to meet entry-level industry standards.
- achieve keyboarding speed of 30 Net Words Per Minute (NWPM) with 98% accuracy on a minimum of three 5-minute timings.
Textbooks/software/materials - as approved by the department
Course Guidelines for previous years are viewable by selecting the version desired. If you took this course and do not see a listing for the starting semester / year of the course, consider the previous version as the applicable version.
These are for current course guidelines only. For a full list of archived courses please see https://www.bctransferguide.ca
|Institution||Transfer Details for OADM 1206|
|There are no applicable transfer credits for this course.|