- Lecture/Seminar: 1
- Lab: 3
The instructor will facilitate learning through demonstration, individual instruction, and guided group activities. Students will use computer software to develop keyboarding skills.
- Ergonomic principles
- Keyboarding timings
- Correct technique
- Speed and accuracy drill exercises
The learner has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- keyboard accurately using touch-typing technique to produce alphanumeric copy to meet entry-level industry standards.
- achieve keyboarding speed of 30 Net Words Per Minute (NWPM) with 98% accuracy on a minimum of three 5-minute timings.
To obtain a grade of mastery
- all assignments must be completed
- proper technique must be demonstrated
- minimum speed of 30 NWPM with 98% accuracy must be achieved on a minimum of three 5-minute timings
Textbooks/software/materials - as approved by the department
Courses listed here must be completed prior to this course:
- No prerequisite courses
Courses listed here must be completed either prior to or simultaneously with this course:
- No corequisite courses