The form, content and format of the project is to be determined by the faculty supervisor and the student prior to admission to this course and a standard contract form must be completed by the student and signed by the faculty supervisor and program coordinator.
Note: Empirical research should follow appropriate protocols including the development of the research question(s), the design of the study, the completion of ethics and development of the human participants form, participant recruitment, data collection and analysis, and completion of the final report. Readings and assignment criteria will cater to the student’s identified learning objectives. Details regarding the student’s learning objectives, required readings, and assignments will be fully outlined on an individual course contract.
Self-directed with supervision provided weekly throughout semester.
Student dialogue and presentation.
Community experiences or community-based research.
This course will conform to Douglas College policy regarding the number and weighting of evaluations. Typical means of evaluation may include a combination of:
Peer-reviewed journal manuscript
Sample Evaluation Criteria
Literature Review 20%
Final Paper 30%
- To conduct an indepth investigation into a topic in Sport Science
- To complete a comprehensive literature review and analysis into a specific topic, and/or conduct a project with sound design, appropriate methodologies and detailed findings
- To identify limitations and future directions within a topic of interest
- To provide support and peer review on the academic work of others
- To demonstrate an understanding and application of the Tri-Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans
A range of reading material will be determined jointly by the student and Faculty Supervisor.
Course Guidelines for previous years are viewable by selecting the version desired. If you took this course and do not see a listing for the starting semester / year of the course, consider the previous version as the applicable version.
|Institution||Transfer Details||Effective Dates|
|There are no applicable transfer credits for this course.|