Financial Products and Services
This course is not active. Please contact Department Chair for more information.
- Evaluation of function of money and relationship between money and client’s needs.
- Recognize and explain supplementary products related to deposit transactions.
- Differentiate between short and long-term products and use of financial institution credit.
- Relationship between banking and insurance; insurance products and customer needs.
- Tools of short and long term financing; types of loans; use and need for personal credit.
- Factors that differentiate investments; investment decisions and client’s objectives
- Forecasting financial needs for retirement; RRSP. RRIF and annuity products.
- Financial institutions and the needs of small business.
Material will be presented within a lecture/discussion environment.
Term Exams (2) 40%
Final Examination 30%
Projects/Cases/Written Assignments 30%
At the end of the course, the successful student should be able to:
- Discuss and understand the demand for money and financial products and services
- Differentiate between various supplementary products: Cheques, Transfers, PAP and Direct Deposits
- Identify banking and non-banking savings products.
- Discuss and evaluate insurance products
- Demonstrate use and function of loans and borrowed money
- Discuss and differentiate commonly used products for long-term investing
- Evaluate and discuss benefits of retirement planning products
- Identify and compare specialized financial products directed towards business needs
Textbooks and Materials to be Purchased by Students
Dell’Aniello, Paul. Financial Products and Services, latest revised edition. Montreal: The Institute of Canadian Bankers.
Texas Instruments BA35
Course Guidelines for previous years are viewable by selecting the version desired. If you took this course and do not see a listing for the starting semester / year of the course, consider the previous version as the applicable version.
These are for current course guidelines only. For a full list of archived courses please see https://www.bctransferguide.ca
|Institution||Transfer Details for FINC 2210|
|There are no applicable transfer credits for this course.|