- computing accurately, using whole numbers and the fundamentals of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- counting methods for using coins and bills,
- develop an understanding of counting back change
- basic use of a point of sale cashier system, and other computerized lab equipment
- identifying product names and matching with corresponding UPC codes
- identifying and facing merchandise to be stocked
- identifying various forms used for inventory and shipping, routinely used in the retail industry
- hands -on demonstration
- overhead materials
- written handouts
- pre-tests and post tests
A mastery model of on-going evaluation will be used. A student will have completed the course when he/she has demonstrated through satisfactory completion of exercises and assignments that the course objectives have been achieved. Where formal tests are used mastery will be defined as a score of 80% or more.
Progress will be monitored on a regular basis by the instructor in consultation with each student. The student will be expected to maintain regular attendance and progress, actively participate in all lab instructed activities, and completes all assignments as directed.
- Students to gain an understanding of basic math concepts
- Students to demonstrate the ability to count money as related to the retail environment
- Students to learn and practice in lab setting computer simulation of products and sales
- Students to learn and practice basic calculator and computer skills
- Students to learn stock and inventory procedures as related to the retail environment
Course Guidelines for previous years are viewable by selecting the version desired. If you took this course and do not see a listing for the starting semester / year of the course, consider the previous version as the applicable version.
These are for current course guidelines only. For a full list of archived courses please see https://www.bctransferguide.ca
|Institution||Transfer Details for CSCT 0130|
|There are no applicable transfer credits for this course.|