Sexual Violence Prevention
Douglas College is committed to providing a safe working and learning environment that allows for full and free participation of all members of the College Community
This Sexual Violence and Misconduct Prevention and Response policy articulates the College’s duty and commitment to support members of the College Community who are impacted by Sexual Violence and Misconduct, to create and make available programs and resources to educate its community on the prevention of Sexual Violence and Misconduct, and to provide a fair and effective process for responding to and investigating allegations of Sexual Violence and Misconduct.
You can find a full copy of the Sexual Violence and Misconduct Prevention and Response Policy HERE
Creating a safer culture starts with YOU!
Culture of Consent
Most people understand consent within a sexual context, however, it can and should be translated into everyday life. It is important to ask and not assume, continue with your intention only when a yes is clearly heard – not silence or a no. It is important to respect not disregard. At Douglas College we want students and employees to feel safe, respected, happy, and healthy.
How do we do that...to start we should always ASK. LISTEN. RESPECT.
Opportunities to learn more and get involved:
- Invite the Student Life Wellness Coordinator to your class for a consent education workshop (workshop times can vary in length from 30 minutes to 1.5 hours)
- Coming Soon: Online training via Blackboard (60 minute Sexual Violence training module)
- Apply to be a volunteer with the Student Wellness Awareness Network and note that you have an interest in Consent Education:
- When we have a minimum of 8 interested new volunteers who are committed to being a member of the Student Wellness Awareness Network, we will lead a Consent & Active Bystander training.
- If student leaders across campus from various departments or student organizations are interested in scheduling a training session or attending an upcoming training session, please contact the Wellness Coordinator.