Methods Of Instruction
Material will be presented within a lecture format.
Means of Assessment
Minimum of 3 evaluations, none of which will exceed 40%, for a total of 100%.
At the end of the course, the successful student should be able to:
- recognize and develop viable financial strategies in the context of a complex corporate environment;
- practice and develop competence in financial analysis skills;
- develop practical decision-making skills by integrating the conceptual knowledge and functional techniques with case analyses;
- clearly present and substantiate all case recommendations, recognizing the strengths and weaknesses of each analysis.
Textbooks and Materials to be Purchased by Students
- De Mello, Jim. Cases in Finance, latest ed. McGraw Hill Irwin.
- Shaw, Foerster. Canadian Cases in Financial Management, latest ed. Prentice Hall.