Canadian Securities Course
This course is not active. Please contact Department Chair for more information.
1. Characteristics, needs, users and sources of investment capital.
2. Structure of capital markets, market efficiency and market indexes.
3. The investment process, types of trades and accounts.
4. Characteristics and types of equities.
5. Principles, features and types of fixed income securities.
6. Warrants, options, futures and forwards.
7. Equity valuation models and techniques.
8. Bond prices, yields and duration.
9. Structure, redemption and regulation of mutual funds and ETFs.
10. Styles, benefits and risks of hedge funds and other specialized products.
11. Portfolio approach to investing.
Material will be presented within a lecture/discussion/application environment.
1. Describe structure of capital markets, market efficiency and financial services industry.
2. List and explain the different types of market indexes.
3. Demonstrate and explain use of different types of trades, margin accounts and short sales.
4. Describe the different types of equity securities
5. Demonstrate features of various types of fixed income securities.
6. List and describe the different types of derivative securities and their features.
7. Demonstrate the different types of valuation models and techniques on equities.
8. Perform bond price, yield and duration calculations.
9. Identify and describe the various types of mutual funds and ETFs, their structures and regulations.
10. Identify and explain the features of hedge funds and other specialized products.
11. Demonstrate the principles and methods which apply to the portfolio approach to investing.
Canadian Securities Course Volume I & II, Latest Edition. Toronto. Canadian Securities Institute
Instructor compiled materials (if applicable).
Students may be required to purchase and use Stock-Trak software or equivalent.
Only Faculty of Commerce and Business Administration approved calculators may be used for tests and examinations.
Course Guidelines for previous years are viewable by selecting the version desired. If you took this course and do not see a listing for the starting semester / year of the course, consider the previous version as the applicable version.
These are for current course guidelines only. For a full list of archived courses please see https://www.bctransferguide.ca
|Institution||Transfer Details for FINC 3350|
|There are no applicable transfer credits for this course.|