Note: For CSIS programs, students can receive credit for one of: CISY 3540/CSIS 3540 or CSIS 4050.
- MVC, MVVM, and/or a more current pattern used in the industry
- Using Visual Studio
- Basic syntax and control flow
- Classes, Polymorphism and Inheritance
- Arrays and Lists
- Building GUI with
- Windows Form, Windows Platform Foundation, or any currently used UI approached
- Event Handling
- Database Programming and ADO.NET
- Performing CRUD to different data sources such as
- Entity Framework
- Hands-on exercises in the lab
Evaluation will be carried out in accordance with the Douglas College Evaluation Policy.
Means of Assessment
Labs/Assignments 10% - 15%
Project 15% - 25%
Midterm Examination* 30% - 35%
Final Examination* 30% - 40%
*In order to pass the course, students must, in addition to receiving an overall course grade of 50%, also achieve a grade of at least 50% on the combined weighted examination components (including quizzes, tests, exams).
Students may conduct research as part of their coursework in this class. Instructors for the course are responsible for ensuring that student research projects comply with College policies on ethical conduct for research involving humans, which can require obtaining Informed Consent from participants and getting the approval of the Douglas College Research Ethics Board prior to conducting the research.
The successful student will be able to:
- Construct complex queries, set operators, and user-defined stored procedures
- Demonstrate the use of a Visual Studio .NET and a design pattern to build applications
- Demonstrate the use of ADO.NET within the application
- Describe ADO data providers, datasets, data adapters, connections
- Explain the basic concepts of reading/writing XML/XAML
- Explain how XML is incorporated in the .NET environment
- Demonstrate the use of Relational database and NoSQL incorporated with Visual Studio .NET
Instructor will prepare course reference material
other textbook(s) as approved by the department
Courses listed here must be completed prior to this course:
No corequisite courses.
Courses listed here are equivalent to this course and cannot be taken for further credit:
- CSIS 3540
- CISY 3540
Course Guidelines for previous years are viewable by selecting the version desired. If you took this course and do not see a listing for the starting semester / year of the course, consider the previous version as the applicable version.
|Institution||Transfer Details||Effective Dates|
|There are no applicable transfer credits for this course.|